
I am slightly dreading what I will be met with upon my arrival at school tomorrow. If our school plants are looking as wilted and feeble as my home plants, it is not going to be a pleasant start to the week back after a two week holiday!
Here is the most recent photo of our garden - looking good!
GRADE 12 Blog UPDATES:
I hope our school garden will go well as we have planned and get all the materials needed. Most importantly, I have high expectations towards our little plants! I am really looking forward to see the fruits or flowers to bloom someday! I have so far sketched a plan about how our little garden should look like, and also planted 3 seeds of a type of flower in a recycled "paper" pot. I've learned a lot about planting, things that I usually wouldn't know, such as how much soil is needed, how to mix ratios of soil and fertilizer, what type of plants are suitable for certain types of weather, etc. To me, this is a very meaningful project, because it gets us learning more about the environment, and more importantly, knowing about the global concerns. It also triggers the little children's curiosity and they might develop an interest in farming! *----* Children nowadays don't even bother to learn about planting and farming as they live in urban areas where there isn't any greenery. Let's plant our earth green~ :D
Ji Su
Didi G12
Blog Update
A lot of things have happened in our school garden over the past month. The beds are ready, filled up with soil and the pond has been constructed and filled with water. We have planted a quite a number of plants on the beds and most of them have successfully sprouted. The pond has been filled with water plants, some rocks and best of all; fishes have inhabited it. As of now, everybody seems to still be enthusiastic about the garden and willing to take care of it. It is December now, so the temperature has significantly dropped. Growth of the plants seemed to have slowed down a bit, but hopefully they will do better in the spring. This garden seems to be going well and is bound to have a great future.
Blog Update:
In the past few months, our garden got more lively: we had out little pond with fish, stones and plants in it, three pots of big plants, and our seeds germinated and started growing! Everything is fun and exciting, except for the tragedy of our fish dying one by one. We had about nine initially, but there are only three left now. I'm looking forward to adding more facilities and fish inside the pond- we really need a filter and someone needs to clean the pond every single day so it's not dirty. Everyone, especially the little kids, love to look at the fish swimming around. The kids are always curious about our garden, and they always ask me 'what plant is this?, when will they grow?'. I feel very happy watching our (Jisu & I) garden bed having some leaves coming up. We planted flowers & radishes, although initially we tried sunflowers, but they failed us. We are praying that our radish will grow successfully because we tried to move some seeds away from each other. Overall, this garden project is an awesome idea and thank you Miss Dingee for coming up with this supreme idea! :D We enjoy this alot & this is actually the first time I touched soil with my bare hands lol
Frances
BLOG UPDATE
A number of things have happened in our garden over the past month. To begin with, our class planted more plants in our garden. Sometimes, we went to the garden to plant during the class. We used shovel to dig the soil and planted.
Moreover, our class sprinkled the plants before the class started or during the class, therefore many plants such as tomatoes and zucchini grew bigger and taller. Especially my plants which are zucchini grew very fast and healthy, while, Andy’s zucchini was not growing and it died.
Furthermore, we decided to make a place to raise some fishes, therefore there were a lot of fishes in our garden. Also we put the pebbles and little plants to make more environmental for fishes. However, several fishes were died because of lack of oxygen, not enough water and little kids. Thus, we put more water using a hose.
To sum up, I think our garden becomes better and better. We have enough plants and fishes, even if, we need to promote the students and teachers to visit our garden. So they can give us good ideas about the garden.
By: Bo Whan
No comments:
Post a Comment